It’s back to school season! What to pack for the dorms? What to pack for college? Super secret awesome things to bring to college? (hint: an electric heat mat). In my video, I go over some of the basics and some low-key things I highly recommend! I’m going to add more things I didn’t mention in the video and also link my specific favorites! I didn’t include things like “clothes”… I’m guessing everyone has their own idea of how much clothes and shoes to bring haha!
- bed bug mattress cover sheet
- extra sheets & pillowcases – minimize laundry, always have clean stuff and be lazy
- electric heat mat DON’T UNDERESTIMATE THIS
- body pillow
- bed risers – store more things under!
- mattress topper – trust me, you want this
- desk compartments
- closet organizers – maybe storage boxes, shelves
- felt thin hangers
- shoe rack/holder
- plastic/fabric cubes
- bedside caddy – put ur phone and everything right next to you
- melatonin (or sleep aid supplement) – this is OTC, obviously take with smart brain don’t go crazy geez
- cold medicine – don’t be sick then regretting you already had it in your room
- cough drops
- earplugs – this is the ONE it works very well — TOO well sometimes
- clorox/antibacterial wipes
- vitamin C/zinC: DON’T GET SICK DURING EXAM WEEK I REPEAT DONT. GET. SICK.
- bandages/first aid ointments and wipes
- face masks yes treat yourself!
- electrolyte heavy drinks for the day after WILD NIGHTS – I love coconut water (has more electrolytes than other artificial drinks
- stool softeners, laxatives, poop tea – stay r e g u l a r my friends
- seat cushion/back rest for chair – maximize study comfort!
- portable charger
- extension cords
- long phone cords
- long computer cords
- usb hub
- power strip
- LED blue & yellow light lamp (my favorite) your eyes will thank you!
- external hard drive – or just go to campus career events and snag free company swag like USB drives for free lol
- extra pairs of headphones — why do we always lose these every 5 seconds
- extra towels/bathrobes
- shower slippers – ew dont get musty feet!
- extra toothbrushes; quip has a cute electric one
- lock for the lockers
- a hanging shower caddy! (my favorite) – this way if your shower doens’t have a shelf or a bench, you can hang your bag so it’s not sitting on the nastY floor
- dryer sheets (not just for laundry but to put in between your folded clothes to help them smell and be freshhhh)
- delicates bag – wash delicate things and keep all your socks in one place
- instant oATmEAL – let’s try to avoid gaining 20 lbs
- dried snacks dried fruits keep your mouth BUSY when bored
- Annie’s Homegrown Bunny Snacks: THEY DO NOT MESS AROUND THESE ARE VERY GOOD AND WOW
- energy bars
- KIND bars those are very yummy – when i wake up too late and miss breakfast lol
- I also love RX Bars; very pure ingredients
- ok fine bring instant ramen
- tissues & paper towels
- old sneakers for going out events – plz dont ruin your near AF1s
- Brita filter (water filter)
- reusable water bottles! Hydroflask, SM, this is my favorite SWELL bottle
- strong umbrella
- weatherproof clothing
- graphing calculator – I know you have one… just bring it so you wont have to buy it again
- house slippers/fuzzy slippers for your dorm
- essential oils/diffuser
- string lights
- wall art / tapestry
- photos /polaroids
- school supplies ( I know you have tons of stuff leftover from high school, save money)
- weekender bag/duffle bag – small trips with friends — I love the one by Away
- sleeping bag – sleepovers, guests, retreats
I also have a college dorm tour that shows a lot of these things I’ve mentioned!
I don’t make money off of any of these link. Just tracking them so I know what people are interested in!